Christmas & New Year
Have a seasonal get-together with neighbours.
The Christmas and New Year period can be jolly for some but lonely for other people. The following are some ideas about how to boost community spirit in your street during this time of year:
- Hold a Mince Pie get-together - invite some neighbours round for a drink, mulled wine or a cuppa and a mince pie, even at short notice. You could either drop a note round, or just invite some in person.
- Drop a Christmas card off to someone you may know.
- If you have the voice, hold a street carol sing-along.
- Offer a drink or cuppa on New Year's eve or day.
- Perhaps suggest holding a street party or a more modest Tea Party or BBQ Street Meet next year.
- Offer to keep an eye on houses or pets of neighbours who are away for a time.
And if you are lucky enough to have a white Christmas help to clear someone's path.
Register with us to receive our occasional e-newsletter